Lenovo Summer Games Blogger

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Uniform distribution and the Water Cube


Well, it's off to get our uniform and I am like a young child at Christmas time.  I had no idea I was going to get this excited at my 3rd Olympic games.  For all anyone knows it could have been my first and even though I knew what was coming I couldn't wait to see all our goodies.  To me, it was Christmas in August!

We arrive at the warehouse and first up we notice there is a diving picture of two of the Aussies.  My husband and his synchro partner Scott Robinson.  We take photos
 of them beside it and they looked proud of themselves.  We are ordered into the room where we pick up our stuff.  It is a great package and nearly all of i
t fits me which is strange.  There is 100 items and we are happy with all of it.  We finally start to feel part of the team.  It's time to head back to the village because our next adventure is heading to the pool.




At the pool, we all quickly run into the venue which is one of the most impressive venues I have ever come across.  I sneak a few photos before anyone is on the boards training, then quickly head back into the dryland centre where we warm up and do our dry training.  Everyone is eager to get on the boards and get adjusted to the venue.

After we have completed our first session at training.  We take the opportunity to take some under water shots, shots from the 10m and have a bit of fun. 

No comments: