Lenovo Summer Games Blogger

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day before competition!

Well it is the day before I start my final competition.  I have a constant flow of adrenalin and am feeling very anxious to get started. It is a familiar feeling but not a comfortable one.

I have been awake since 6am even though I am not waking up to my kids or training.  I went and had an early breakfast and a coffee at McCafe which seems to be routine for me here in the village and have spent the last couple of hours replying to many emails and facebook messages I have recieved since I last checked a couple of days ago.  It's been great recieving everyones messages of support and how everyone is wishing me well for my final competition.  We have also recieved so many messages from school kids around the country and it makes us feel like we have a great following in the diving.

Today will be my final training session I ever do without having to follow it with a competition.  I am hoping it goes well as the last session is your final impression of how things are going and it would be nice to have a solid session without worrying about things that you don't need to worry about.

My coach and I have been excited about the way I have been training and we both hope I bring that to the competition.  I am feeling a lot like I was in Athens so I am clutching to the fact that is a good sign.

It's very hard not to think of results and medals and I am trying to focus on a good solid performance and results will take care of themselves.  I have certainly had an amazing time since arriving in Beijing and have left any troubles I have had back in Australia.  the last weeks preparation has been better than the last 6 months combined and it has come just at the right time.  I am certainly peaking just when I need to but that does not guarantee medals or good performances.  I need to remain focussed and keep my head in the right frame of mind.  

This is fun!  I hope I enjoy the next three days!  that's what it's all about!!

No comments: